Get a Free Quote
While conventional lumber and drywall construction work fine for above-ground areas, they can warp, rot and allow mold to grow in high-moisture areas like basements. In contrast, the Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ lets moisture pass through naturally to greatly reduce the chances for mold growth.* Check out some of the additional advantages you'll enjoy with the Basement Finishing System™.
A. Thermal and acoustic insulation for comfort and quiet.
B. System helps reduce dampness, mold and mildew.*
C. Durable, dent-resistant walls stands up to damage.
D. Easy access to foundation, pipes and electrical boxes.
E. Trim components fit seamlessly with easy access to low voltage wiring and foundation.
Note - product characteristics vary in Canada. Click here for details.
Professional, fast & clean installation
Finished room in as little as two weeks
Easy access to foundation
Trim components add fine finishing touches
Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ vs traditional finishing methods
BASEMENT FINISHING SYSTEM
- Quick, clean installation lets you create a new living space in about two weeks.
- The system allows you to remove wall panels for easy access to foundation and wiring whenever necessary.
- Durable, dent-resistant walls.
- Built-in acoustic and thermal insulation.
- Components are designed specifically for basement conditions and resist moisture, mold and mildew.*
- Lifetime Limited Warranty**
- Disrupts household activities for weeks while construction is completed.
- Foundation problems and rewiring become time- and labor-intensive projects -- no access without demolition.
- Easily dented, damaged and punctured.
- Requires separate insulation and acoustic control.
- Susceptible to mold, mildew, warping, rotting and water damage. Not designed for basements.
- May offer no warranty
The Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ offers convenience, comfort and durability over the more traditional basement refinishing materials like wood and drywall.
With the Basement Finishing System™, you get professional, quality installation and a finished basement in about two weeks. Also, with the Basement Finishing System™ you have access to wiring and foundation without the mess of tearing into drywall.
The Basement Finishing System™ is different from traditional means because it is durable, stain and dent-resistant. That's a key benefit when you have a growing family or pets.
Another key consideration is how you will use your new basement. Typically, a finished basement is a family/entertainment room or "get-away", therefore, you need comfort. Insulation and acoustic control are added steps for a project using drywall, but with the Basement Finishing System™, comfort from thermal insulation and acoustic controls are built in.
Above any other place in your home, moisture and mildew can be major concerns in the basement. The Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ is specifically designed for basement conditions, is resistant to moisture damage, mold and mildew*, and won't warp - unlike drywall and wood.
You get all the above convenience, comfort and durability of the Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.**
* While the materials and design of the Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ resist mold and mildew, the system cannot prevent or mitigate mold if the conditions necessary for mold growth otherwise exist in your basement.
** See actual warranty for details.